2003-126 dated October 21, 2003 reestablished and restructured the
Beach and Shore Preservation Advisory Committee. This resolution
repeals and replaces Resolution 93-68. . Ordinance 2003-010 approved March 11, 2003 provides that Commissioners serve
as a non-voting liaison.
shall elect from among its voting members a chairman and a
vice chairman annually at its first meeting in January, or
at its next meeting if no meeting is held in January. A County
Commissioner shall serve as a non-voting liaison to the committee.
Each chair and vice chair shall serve for a one-year term
and may be reelected but shall be limited to two successive
annual terms, at which point they would be ineligible to chair
the committee for at least one year.
and Shore Preservation Advisory Committee shall have eleven
(11) voting members, each member must be a resident of Indian
River County and appointed as follows:
(6) members shall be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners
(1) member appointed by the city council of the City of Fellsmere
(1) member appointed by the town council of the Town of Orchid
(1) member appointed by the city council of the City of Sebastian
(1) member appointed by the city council of the City of Vero
member appointed by the town council of the Town of Indian
of office for each member shall be two (2) years with the
appointments staggered so that as near as possible one half
of the committee shall conclude their term each year.
are held the third Monday of each month at 3:00 p.m. at the County Administration
Building B, 1800 27th Street, Vero Beach, FL in
Conference Room B1-501.