Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
The Indian River County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), formed in April 1993, is a legislative agency responsible for transportation planning in the urbanized area of Indian River County. It has the power to develop and adopt plans and to set priorities for the programming of improvements to the County's transportation system. The MPO consists of Twelve voting members representing the local governments within the County, two non-voting representatives from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), and a non-voting representative from the Town of Orchid. Funding is through a Joint Participation Agreement for Federal PL/Section 112 funding. This is an agreement between FDOT and the MPO, which provides for the pass through of these federal funds. Dollars are approved on an annual basis. The percentage of Federal, State and local dollars varies from year to year. Two advisory committees provide direction and recommendations to the MPO Board. These are the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC). The TAC provides technical expertise to the MPO Board regarding matters to be considered by the MPO and on planning issues being undertaken by MPO staff. The CAC provides citizen input into the MPO planning process and ensures a high degree of public involvement in that process. Another advisory committee, the Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee, meets on an as-needed basis to advise the MPO regarding bicycle and pedestrian issues.
12 voting members: (5) County Commissioners, (2) City of Vero Beach, (2) City of Sebastian, (1) Town of Indian River Shores, (1) City of Fellsmere. (1) School Board - Total of 3 ex-officio non-voting members: (1) Town of Orchid; (1) FDOT District 4 Secretary; (1) FDOT State Transportation Planner. Term of office 4-years.
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. at the County Administration Building B, 1800 27th Street, Vero Beach, FL in Conference Room B1-501.
- Susan Adams - County Commissioner
- Joseph E. Flescher - (Vice Chairman) County Commissioner
- Tim Zorc - County Commissioner
- Peter D. O'Bryan- County Commissioner
- Bob Solari- County Commissioner
- Councilmember Laura Moss - City of Vero Beach
- Councilmember Anthony Young - City of Vero Beach
- Councilmember Ed Dodd - City of Sebastian
- Councilmember Bob McPartlan - City of Sebastian
- Vice Mayor Bob Auwaerter- (Chairman) - Town of Indian River Shores
- Vice Mayor Sara Savage - Fellsmere
- Tiffany Justice - School Board