To exceed our customers' expectations and be recognized by
our customers as the premier provider of quality internal
and external services to the recipient agencies of Indian
River County and to the general public.
To provide multifunctional services in an efficient and effective
manner that exceeds our internal and external customers' expectations.
2012/2013 Goals and Objectives
The General Services Department is a multi-functional department composed of both related and unrelated divisions
providing both internal and external services. The internal functioning division providing services to other agencies
within the County government is the Mailroom and Switchboard Services; externally functioning divisions providing
primary service to the general public include the County Library System; Veteran's Services; Recreation Division;
Parks Division; Human Services; Sandridge Golf Course and the Shooting Range.
• Develop interactive coordination of leisure service divisions through cross training of similarly assigned functions
of key personnel.
• Negotiate replacing aged 2005 Xerox copiers in Mailroom with more productive and energy efficient models
increasing staff's ability to provide more automated, electronic services to county departments.
• Reorganize labor forces assigned to Library Operations to absorb personnel reductions.
• Synchronize Golf Course operations into the General Services Department under the County Administrator's
2011 reorganization plan.
• Continue to increase promotional awareness and sponsorship revenue for fee based leisure services under the
Department of General Services.
• Maintain current level of service provided by mail room operations under a reduced budget.
• Provide leadership in the oversight of major capital projects to advance the development of South County Park,
the Shooting Range and the Fairgrounds.
• Continue to develop and maintain a productive working relationship with unionized and non-unionized labor