2015/2016 Goals and Objectives
The General Services Department is a multi-functional department composed of both related and unrelated divisions providing both internal and external services under the direct supervision and management of the Assistant County Administrator. The internal functioning divisions providing services to other agencies within the County government are the Mailroom and Switchboard Services; externally functioning divisions providing primary service to the general public include the County Public Library System; Veteran’s Services; Recreation Division; Parks Division; Human Services; Sandridge Golf Course and the Public Shooting Range.
• Provide direct oversight of inter-departmental coordination for the bid solicitation and construction phase of the Intergenerational Center.
• Continuation of development of interactive coordination of leisure service divisions through cross training of similarly assigned functions of key personnel.
• Increase promotion and awareness campaigns to attract visitors and participants to county facilities and recreation programs.
• Continue to increase promotional awareness and sponsorship revenue for fee based leisure services under the Department of General Services.
• Provide leadership in the oversight of major capital projects to advance the development of South County Park, the Shooting Range and the Fairgrounds.
• Continue to develop and maintain a productive working relationship with unionized and non-unionized labor forces.