Human Services Assistance
Various services include food, prescription vouchers, utility or rental assistance, indigent cremation, forensic exams, and HCRA. Services are limited to Indian River County residents. All services are provideded by appointment only and are made on a 1st come 1st serve basis. When funds are available: food, utility, and prescription vouchers assistance are offered. Your application will be judged on its own merit. If this office cannot help you we may need to use a referral program to refer you to another agency. For up-to-date information please call 772-226-1422 and listen to the detailed message.
- As the applicant you have a responsibility to prove need.
- Each program has its own set of guidelines, some requiring employment.
- Your application will be assessed on its own merit. If this office cannot help you we may need to use a referral program to refer you to another agency.
Identification Required for Assistance
For EMERGENCY AID from this office you MUST furnish the following information for EACH person in your household and proof of the emergency as it applies to you:
- Social Security Card
- Current Drivers License
- Voters Registration Card
If Social Security Card has not been issued please show your Birth Certificate
Proof of Residency
- 3 Day Late Notice from landlord, including his/her name, address, phone number, amount of rent, date rent is due.
- Utility Bill(s)
- Copy of Lease
Proof of Income
- Current payroll printout
- Check stub with year to date income
- Proof of child support.
- Social Security Statement
- Worker's Compensation Statement
- Veteran's Benefits Statement
- AFDC Payments Statement
- Rental Income Statement
- Unemployment Benefits Statement
Proof of Expenses
- Copy of ALL monthly expenses (utility, rent, car payment, telephone, childcare, ALL OTHERS)
- ALL cars, ALL trucks, boats, campers, or any other vehicle.
Bank or Credit Union Information
- Loan Payments
- Checking Account Statements
- Savings Account Statements
- Credit Union Statements
- Other sources of fund