Statement of Function
The Indian River County Human Services Department administers a county assistance program aimed at bringing economic stability to residents in an emergency situation. Various services include food, prescription vouchers, utility or rental assistance, indigent cremation, forensic exams, and HCRA (Health Care Responsibility ACT) - a state mandated program that requires a county portion to be paid to the state when a resident seeks treatment at an emergency room outside of the county. Human Services is also the staff office for the Children’s Services Advisory Committee (CSAC) and is responsible for overseeing HUD grants awarded to Treasure Coast Homeless Services Council (TCHSC) by the county.
2018/19 Goals and Objectives
- Continue active participation as an executive board member for the Treasure Coast Homeless Services Council (TCHSC) and support their efforts to provide rent assistance through various Shelter Plus Care grants
- Coordinate all activities for Children Services Advisory Committee (CSAC) to include ensuring completion of the Children’s Needs Assessment
- Monitor program funding allocated by CSAC to community agencies providing children services and increase involvement in those agencies to ensure policy compliance
- Continue to provide state mandated services to county residents which are forensic exams for children, cremation for indigent deceased, and HCRA for out of county emergency room services
- Evaluate policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure a high-level of service is being delivered
- Analyze and assess processes for areas of improvement
- Continue efforts to obtain additional grant funding to maximize assistance for county residents
Application Cancellation Policy
Refusal by an applicant to cooperate in providing complete and accurate information during the application process, or any period thereafter or subsequent to receipt of assistance, or to refuse to accept and pursue an appropriate referral to another Governmental or private agency shall subject the application to immediate cancellation.