Agriculture Advisory Committee
Resolution 2003-125 dated October 21, 2003 reestablished and restructured the Agriculture Advisory Committee. This resolution repeals and replaces Resolution 93-180 . Ordinance 2003-010 approved March 11, 2003 provides that Commissioners serve as a non-voting liaison.
The Committee shall elect from among its voting members a chairman and a vice chairman annually at its first meeting in January, or at its next meeting if no meeting is held in January. A County Commissioner shall serve as a non-voting liaison to the committee. Each chair and vice chair shall serve for a one-year term and may be reelected but shall be limited to two successive annual terms, at which point they would be ineligible to chair the committee for at least one year.
The Agriculture Advisory Committee shall be composed of a total of seven (7) voting members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, with one member from each of the following areas:
- One (1) Cattle Representative
- One (1) Citrus Representative
- One (1) Vegetable Representative
- One (1) Irrigation Representative
- One (1) Horticulture Representative
- Two (2) Associated Industry Representatives
Members serve a two-year term.
Meetings are held quarterly on the fourth Thursday of the month at 2:00 p.m. at the County Administration Building A, 1801 27th Street, Vero Beach, FL in Conference Room A1-102.
- Sean E. Sexton - Cattle
- VACANT - Citrus
- Robert Adair Jr, - Associated Industry
- Ruben A. Koch - Irrigation
- David Howard - Horticulture
- Anna Kirkland - Associated Industry
- Gerald W. Renick - Vegetables
Non-voting Liaison - Commissioner Susan Adams