Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
The Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals assists the Board of County Commissioners to monitor companies and individuals that perform construction related work within the county to ensure they are in compliance with Chapter 113, Florida Building Code and Section 400.06, Indian River County Code. More details about the duties and responsibilities of CBAA members.
Relevant Resolutions, Ordinances, and Statutes
- • Part I (General Conditions) of Chapter 400 (Regulations of Contractors) of Indian River County Code.
- Resolution 2018-009 approved January 9, 2018, clarified and updated rules for the Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals and Notice of Model Administrative Code Addition and Clarification pursuant to IRC Code 400.07 and 400.08, and the Florida Building Code Chapter 113.
- Ordinance 2003-040 approved December 9, 2003, repealed Indian River County Code, Section 103.03.3 “Building Code Board of Adjustment and Appeals”; and amended Indian River County Code, Sections 400.07 and 400.08 to change the name to the Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals.
- Ordinance 2001-020 approved July 17, 2001, amended Section 103.03.3 of the Indian River County Code to change the composition of the Indian River County Building Code Board of Adjustment and Appeals, thereby creating the Building Code Board of Adjustment and Appeals.
- Ordinance 1991-12 approved March 26, 1991, established the Building Code Board of Adjustment and Appeals.
Terms, Meetings, and Membership
The term of office for each member appointed by the Board of County Commissioners shall be three (3) years. There is no term limitation. There is no residency requirement. The Board shall meet within 30 calendar days after notice of appeal has been received. Meetings shall be held as decided by the Committee in coordination with County staff. A meeting may be called at the request of the chair of the Committee. Meetings are held at the County Administration Building A, 1801 27th Street, Vero Beach, Florida in the Commission Chambers. The Recording Secretary is Ed Offutt, Commissioner Assistant.
Note: Per Chapter 2000-243, Laws of Florida, new board members are required to complete a full financial disclosure (Form 6) or a limited financial disclosure (Form 1), and upon leaving, must file a final disclosure statement within 60 days. Failure to do so will be subject to automatic fines of $25 for each late day, up to a cap of $1,500.
The Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals shall be comprised of nine (9) voting members, which are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The following are the categories of the CBAA member positions:
- 1. One (1) Division I Contractor
- 2. One (1) Electrical Contractor
- 3. One (1) Mechanical Contractor
- 4. One (1) Plumbing Contractor
- 5. One (1) Architect
- 6. One (1) Engineer
- 7. One (1) Code Administrator, Inspector, or Plans Examiner
- 8-9. Two (2) Members of the General Public
- 1. Peter Robinson - Division I Contractor
- 2. Robert DiPietro, Sr. - Electrical Contractor
- 3. VACANT - Mechanical Contractor
- 4. Franklin J. Jandreau - Plumbing Contractor
- 5. VACANT – Architect
- 6. Bryant Jenks – Engineer
- 7. Michael Lue, P.E. - Plans Examiner
- 8. Cindi Dixon - Member of the General Public
- 9. William B. Schuh, Jr. - Member of the General Public