Elected Officials Oversight Committee
The Indian River County Board of County Commissioners, City Council of the Cities of Fellsmere, Sebastian and Vero Beach, and the School Board of Indian River County entered into an Interlocal Agreement for public school planning effective January 1, 2004. Not participating in this Agreement because they qualify for exclusion pursuant to the provision of Chapter 163.3177(12)(b), Florida Statutes is the Town of Orchid.
Per Section 2.2 of the agreement, the County Commission Chairman, the Mayors of Vero Beach, Sebastian, Indian River Shores and Fellsmere, the Regional Planning Council Chairman, and the School Board Chairman, will be appointed to the Elected Officials Oversight Committee (EOOC). The County Planning Director will be responsible for making meeting arrangements and providing notification.
Per Section 3.2 the meetings will be opportunities for representatives to set direction, discuss issues, and reach understandings concerning issues of mutual concern regarding coordination of land use and school facilities planning, including population and student growth, development trends, school needs, off-site improvements, and joint use opportunities.
The EOOC meets at a minimum, once a year during June or July at the County Administration Building, 1801 27th Street, Building B, Room B1-501, Vero Beach, FL. Minutes of meetings are taken by the Board of County Commissioners Office.
- Joseph E. Flescher, Board of County Commissioners
- John Cotugno, Councilmember City of Vero Beach
- Jim Hill, Mayor, City of Sebastian
- Joel Tyson, Mayor, City of Fellsmere
- Cathy Townsend, TCRPC, Chairperson
- Teri L. Barenborg, School Board Chairperson
- James L. "Sam" Carroll, Vice Mayor, Town of Indian River Shores
- Fernando Herrera, Vice Mayor City of Fellsmere
- Mary Alice Smith, Councilwoman Town of Indian River Shores