Enterprise Zone Development Agency
Resolution No. 2015-019 approved Dec 1, 2015, sunsetted the Enterprise Zone Development Agency.
(SUNSETTED) – Resolution No. 2005-084 approved May 24, 2005 nominated an area to include the Gifford Community along with properties surrounding and including the Vero Beach Municipal Airport as a Florida Enterprise Zone. Resolution 2005-085 approved May 24, 2005 established the Indian River County Enterprise Zone Development Agency (EZDA) in Accordance with Section 290.0056, Florida Statutes. Ordinance No. 2005-021 approved May 24, 2005 establishing Section 103.09, the Indian River County Enterprise Zone Development Agency (EZDA), pursuant to Section 290.0056, Florida Statutes.
The Committee shall elect from among its voting members a chairman and a vice chairman annually at its first meeting in January, or at its next meeting if no meeting is held in January. Each chair and vice chair shall serve for a one-year term and may be reelected but shall be limited to two successive annual terms, at which point they would be ineligible to chair the committee for at least one year.
Meetings are held every other month on the second Thursday at 8:30 a.m. in the First Floor Conference Room B1– 501 at the County Administration Building, 1801 27th Street, Building B, Vero Beach, Florida.
Members serve a four year term.
- One (1) Indian River Chamber of Commerce member
- One (1) Financial or insurance entity located in or providing services in the nominated area
- One (1) Business operating in the Enterprise Zone Area
- One (1) Resident living in the Enterprise Zone Area
- One (1) Non-profit community-based organization operating in or providing services in the nominated area
- One (1) Workforce Development Board of the Treasure Coast member
- Two (2) Local Code Enforcement Agency members
- Three (3) Community at large members