Office of Management and Budget
Statement of Function
The Office of Management and Budget's primary responsibility is to prepare, implement, and evaluate the County's annual and long-term operating and capital budgets to provide community services and meet community needs by the most cost effective and efficient means possible. The department oversees all funds authorized to ensure the proper and legal utilization of those funds and provides advice and guidance to department and division heads. Duties also include responsibility for the County's financing (i.e. debt planning and issuance), coordinating and researching issues resulting in the development of County policy and developing recommendations for improvements in fiscal operations and policy planning.
Note: The tentative and final budget hearing dates are preliminary in nature. Once the Indian River County School District sets the dates for their budget hearings, we may need to change these dates to ensure that there is not a conflict.
Annual Budget Documents - Budget Books and Amendments
2021-2022 Fiscal Year Budget
Previous Years Budgets (FY 2001-02 - FY 2020-2021)
2021/2022 Goals and Objectives
- Continue improving financial health of the organization and maintaining fund balances with a
goal of 30% fund balance in all taxing funds.
- Develop innovative procedures and policies, which ensure compliance with applicable regulations,
directives and deadlines while improving efficiency and productivity.
- Earn the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award – Special Recognition for Performance Measures from the Government Finance Officers Association for 2021/2022 budget year.
- Provide grant writing assistance to departments in order to increase grant revenues received.
- Continue to track and disburse CARES Act and ARP Act related funds for COVID related expenditures.