Statement of Function
The General Services Department is a multi-functional department composed of both related and unrelated divisions providing both internal and external services under the direct supervision and management of the Assistant County Administrator. The internal functioning divisions providing services to other agencies within the County government include County Administration and Human Resources; externally functioning divisions providing primary service to the general public include the County Public Library System; Veteran's Services; Human Services; Recreation Division; Parks Division; Conservation Land Management; Sandridge Golf Club; and the Public Shooting Range. The General Services Department also serves as the County's departmental liaison to the Jackie Robins Training Complex fka Historic Dodgertown.
2020/2021 Goals and Objectives
- Implement the final phases of all reopening plans at County recreation and entertainment venues to transition out of the programming and event limitations presented by the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Provide leadership in managing the County's relationship with Major League Baseball and the Treasure Coast Sports Commission.
- Continue the development of a proposal to solicit the County's first parks masterplan.
- Provide oversight and management of the construction of the County's first high school/college dimension baseball field at the 58th Avenue Ballfield Complex.
- Continue to identify potential funding sources and make grant applications to leverage County funds for required public use improvements.
- Enhance the oversight of Children's Services to keep pace with the Board of County Commission's commitment to provide additional grant funding to various non-profit agencies serving children in Indian River County.
- Develop and implement the library system's commitment to modernization transformation via state-of-the-art library vending machine at the Intergenerational Center.
- Support the County's growing reputation as a tourist destination paradise.