Round Island Riverside Park
2200 South Highway A1A, Vero Beach, FL 32963
Hours of Operation:
- 1 Grill
- 1 Pavilion
- 2 Picnic Tables
- 28 Parking spaces
- 2 Handicap spaces
- 12 Boat trailer parking spaces
- Water Fountain
- Walking Trails
Round Island Riverside Park is located at 2200 South Highway A1A, 7.5 miles south of 17th street and A1A. Features include a paved parking lot, two boat ramps, canoe launch, picnic pavilion with a grill, and a 400’ boardwalk to observe the many manatees. Cross over the foot bridge to a small island with trails that take you to an observation tower and a fishing pier. Pavilion is available on a first come, first serve basis. South of the park is the Round Island South Conservation Area.
- No pets permitted within any County Park – County Ordinance 205.03.22.
- Alcohol is not permitted within any County Park – County Ordinance 205.03.26.
- No open fires – County Ordinance 205.03.04.
- No camping – County Ordinance 205.03.16.
- No overnight parking – County Ordinance 205.03.19.
- No trespassing when park is closed – County Ordinance 205.03.19.
- No equestrian activities – County Ordinance 205.03.3.
- No fireworks – County Ordinance 205.03.5.
- No remote controlled aircraft – County Ordinance 205.03.27(a).
- No golfing activities – County Ordinance 205.03.27(b).
The manatee is protected under federal law by the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 and by the Endangered Species Act of 1973, which make it illegal to harass, hunt, capture or kill any marine mammal. The manatee is also protected by the Florida Manatee Sanctuary Act of 1978, which states: "It is unlawful for any person, at any time, intentionally or negligently, to annoy, molest, harass, or disturb any manatee." Anyone convicted of violating this state law faces a possible maximum fine of $500 and/or imprisonment for up to 60 days. Conviction on the federal level is punishable by fine of up to $50,000 and/or one year in prison. The State of Florida can pursue prosecution under federal law in circumstances of extreme harassment, resulting in the death or injury of a manatee.
The Boat Ramp is open 24 hours.