Statement of Function
The Veterans Services office provides all veterans in Indian River County full access to State Certified Veterans Service Officer's, who provide updated information, counseling, and direction regarding all available veteran's services. The division assists veterans and their families in preparing, filing, and appellate procedures, regarding benefit claims due under Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. It also provides a forum to keep the local community informed of the needs of veterans and changes to Federal, State, and Local laws that affect veterans and their families.
- Service Connected Compensation Claims
- Non-service Connected Pensions
- VA Health Care
- VA Guaranteed Home Loans
- Burial Benefits
- Dependents and Survivors Benefits
- Lost Military Records
- Homestead Tax Exemptions
- Van Transportation System
2020/2021 Goals and Objectives
- Continue to provide veterans' organizations and other civic groups in order to keep them aware of current veteran's benefits as well as changes to the federal laws that affect benefits.
- Continue to assist veterans and their families in obtaining benefits they are entitled to, from various federal, state, and county agencies.
- Maintain and expand the outreach program for veterans and their families.