Training & Loss Control Services
- CDL Drug Testing Program
Provides for compliance with federally required drug and alcohol testing.
- Defensive Driving Training
IRC defensive driver training program is designed educate and train employees in best practices to:
- Decrease risk of motor vehicle collisions and traffic violations
- Minimize exposure to liability risks and legal costs
- Reduce insurance premiums and workers' compensation claims
- Lower vehicle repair bills and replacement costs
- Protect employees and County operations
- Loss Control Services
- Contract/agreement review for insurance and indemnification language
- Near-miss follow-up, recommendations and corrective actions
- Facility inspections and recommendations
- Safety Award Program
Indian River County promotes a safe work place environment and offers an incentive award each fiscal year to employees who have not had a reportable accident, including auto accidents and workers compensation injuries within one year. An eligible employee can request an incentive award every year within thirty days post his/her employment anniversary date. To request an incentive award, please complete the Employee Safety Award Form and return it to risk management.
- Vehicle Operator MVR Checks
MVR checks are performed on all new hires and continuous record monitoring for all authorized County employees driving fleet vehicles.