Information Systems (IS) Division
Statement of Function
Information Systems functions as the administrator of the County's various computer systems, servers, and networks. This department's responsibilities include maintaining, upgrading, and installing all computer equipment for each of the County's departments, as well as developing networks and servers on which they operate. Computer Services also operates and maintains the County's family of websites, which include www.ircgov.com, www.ircrec.com, www.irces.com, www.ircwaste.com, www.ircutilities.com, www.irccdd.com, www.ircmpo.com, www.golineirt.com, www.goshootingirc, www.sandridgegc.com, www.ircrecycles.com and the lifeguard website www.juniorguards.org. The department has the task of upgrading and improving upon the County's Internet presence in an effort to provide better accessibility to information for the residents of Indian River County.
2019/2020 Goals and Objectives
- Provide a technologically current information system that facilitates the efficiency and effectiveness of County employees and departments as well as to ensure County information is protected.
- Complete network refresh project.
- Work with Telecommunications to convert existing County phone system to a new hosted VoIPsystem.
- Complete Email Migration to new server.
- Upgrade existing Windows 7 workstations to Windows 10.
- Evaluate and Implement technology that will improve overall security.
- Develop 3 to 5-year strategic technology plan.
- Complete the technology upgrade in remaining conference rooms.
- Evaluate and Implement Help Desk system to improve productivity and customer service.
- Work with Human Resources and Utilities to ensure implementation of Paymantus and Kronos projects are successful.