Children's Services Advisory Committee
The Children Services Advisory Committee identifies and assess the needs of children in Indian River County. More details about the duties and responsibilities of the CSAC members.
Relevant Resolutions, Ordinances, and Statutes
- • Part II (Children's Services Advisory Committee) of Chapter 103 (Commissions and Boards) of Indian River County Code.
- Ordinance 2011-007 approved September 13, 2011, amended Sections 103.02, 103.04, 103.04.2, 103.22 and 103.30 of the Code of Indian River County, which included changes concerning the committee director office.
- Ordinance 1999-01 approved January 19, 1999, amended Chapter 103 of the Indian River County Code and changed the name of the Children Services Network to Children Services Advisory Committee.
- Ordinance 1997-17 approved May 13, 1997, established the Children Services Network as an advisory board to the Indian River County Board of County Commissioners.
- Resolution 1993-151 approved September 7, 1993, reorganized Children's Services Advisory Committee and changed its duties.
- Resolution 1990-167 approved November 6, 1990 created the Children Service Advisory Committee.
Terms, Meetings, and Membership
The term of office for each member appointed by the Board of County Commissioners shall be four (4) years. Indian River County residency is required for the seven district and at large members. Members-At-Large can only hold two (2) consecutive terms. The non-voting liaison serves a 1-year term and may be reappointed for subsequent terms. There are no term limitations for ex officio representative members. Meetings are set by the Leigh Anne Uribe, Director - Human Services Department (772) 226-1467 and held in January, March, May, June, September, October, and December on a Monday at 5:30 p.m. at the County Administration Building B, 1801 27th Street, Vero Beach, Florida in Conference Room B1-501. The Recording Secretary is Maura Stokes, Commissioner Assistant.
The Children's Services Advisory Committee shall be comprised of thirteen (13) voting members. Seven (7) of the voting members are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The remaining voting members are appointed by their designated entity. The following are the categories of the CSAC member positions:
- 1-5. Five (5) members appointed by the BCC to represent his/her district
- 6-7. Members-at-Large appointed by the BCC
- 8. Judge
- 9. Superintendent of Schools
- 10. Department of Children & Families – Assist. District Administrator for Indian River County
- 11. Dept. of Health, County Health Dept. Administrator
- 12. Law Enforcement Officer
- 13. One County Commissioner
- Kerry Bartlett - District 1
- Judy Jones - District 2
- Heather Grall Barwick - District 3
- Michele Falls - District 4
- Hope B. Woodhouse - District 5
- Susan Blaxill-Deal - Member-at-Large
- Robert Schlitt, Jr. - Member-at-Large
- Judge Michael J. Linn – Judge
- Dr. David K. Moore - Superintendent of Schools
- Bob McPartlan - Department of Children & Families
- Miranda Hawker - Chairman, Administrator Health Department
- Sheriff Eric Flowers - Law Enforcement
- Susan Adams, Commissioner