Statement of Function
The Veterans Services office provides all veterans in Indian River County full access to State Certified Veterans Service Officer's, who provide updated information, counseling, and direction regarding all available veteran's services. The division assists veterans and their families in preparing, filing, and appellate procedures, regarding benefit claims due under Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. It also provides a forum to keep the local community informed of the needs of veterans and changes to Federal, State, and Local laws that affect veterans and their families.
- Service Connected Compensation Claims
- Non-service Connected Pensions
- VA Health Care
- VA Guaranteed Home Loans
- Burial Benefits
- Dependents and Survivors Benefits
- Lost Military Records
- Homestead Tax Exemptions
- Van Transportation System
2021/2022 Goals and Objectives
- Work with Indian River County Community and Veterans Affairs to set up and execute a homeless Veteran stand down and an enrollment fair for VA Medical Services.
- Establish relationships with Fraternal/Veteran Organizations within the county to ensure awareness of all services and programs provided by this office.
- Ensure each county VSO has appropriate access to VA systems necessary to provide effective oversight for Veterans benefits, claims and awards.