Indian River County Junior Lifeguard Program
DATES AND TIMES
NOTICE: The Jr. Lifeguard Program for Summer 2021 is postponed to 2022.
• Tuition for one session is $130.00.
• Tuition includes a Junior Lifeguard Manual, uniform, USLA membership, water bottle, and string backpack
• Our Program is open to girls and boys ages 9 through 17 years.
• All students must attend one of the tryout dates and pass both the swim and run requirements to participate in the Program.
• Run for 1/2 mile without walking or stopping.
• Swim 100 yards freestyle stroke without stopping under the allowed time.
||2:15 or under
||2:00 or under
||1:45 or under
||1:20 or under
TRYOUTS AND PARENT MEETING
To be determined
The contents of the program will include beach and ocean safety, lifesaving skills, techniques and procedures, first-aid and CPR, development of swimming skills, body surfing, body boarding, snorkeling, rescue watercraft, beach games and competition events with other Junior Lifeguard programs. *During the program, students are required at times, to swim a distance offshore in the ocean. We will also be running distances of a mile or more on some training days.
The goal of our program is to provide the youth of our community with a sound aquatic background and acquaint them with the hazards and opportunities of Indian River County beaches while exposing them to an environment that will teach courtesy, respect and good sportsmanship. We also offer assistance with career development to those who are seeking employment as a Lifeguard.
Our instructors are Indian River County Lifeguards who have been chosen as role models to work with the Junior Lifeguard Program based on their work history, lifeguarding experience and desire to work as a Junior Lifeguard Instructor.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call (772) 388-4492.