Real Estate Acquisition Division
Statement of Function
The purpose of the Secondary Road Construction fund is the segregation of funds generated by the local option 6-cent gas tax administered by the State. The local option fuel tax proceeds, per State law, may only be used for transportation expenditures. By definition, this means public transportation operations and maintenance, roadway and right-of-way maintenance and drainage, bridge maintenance and operation, traffic engineering and signalization, street lighting and construction or reconstruction of roads.
2019/2020 Goals and Objectives
- Continue the acquisition of right-of-way and temporary construction easements for 66th Avenue
Widening from 49th to 69th St (Project #1505) and 69th St to 85th St/CR510 (Project 1505B).
- Continue to handle property management of commercial properties.
- Assist Legal Department with preparing maintenance map correspondence to landowners.
- Review surplus property inventory and submit to BOCC for approval to declare as
surplus and authorization for disposal.
- Begin process of scanning landowner files to F: drive under corresponding project.
- Continue to assist in acquisition for new site plan right-of-way,
dedications and Murphy Reservations.
- Manage easement requests and Public Information Requests.
- Manage County leases on properties acquired for road projects.