Road and Bridge Division
Statement of Function
It is the responsibility of the Road and Bridge division to ensure the safety and efficiency of the County's roadway and bridge network through a regularly scheduled program of maintenance, grading and paving. This program is to cover bridges, roads, medians, curbs, culverts, drainage ways, sidewalks and bikeways within the unincorporated areas of the County, as well as County right-of-ways within the Cities of Vero Beach, Sebastian, Fellsmere and Indian River Shores.
Public Works Road and Bridge Division has established an email service request system for reporting issues or submitting service requests. You may now report an issue or submit a service requests by email us at PWRBSR@ircgov.com. You can also contact us by calling (772)226-3460 Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM. The Road and Bridge Division responds to approximately 220-250 Service Requests a month. A Service Request is a computer generated form that the Road and Bridge Division uses to respond to inquiries from the general public regarding a problem they may have with their road or a drainage situation - such as a clogged culvert, pothole, overgrown vegetation or anything else that may fall under the Road and Bridge Divisions maintenance in designated areas of Indian River County.
2019/2020 Goals and Objectives
- Resurface 12 miles of roadway.
- Reduce response time to service requests.
- Reduce response time to utility patches.
- Replace approximately 52 culverts.
- Continue to improve our mowing efficiency.
- Increase production during our annual right-of-way cutback program.
- Implement an infield data collection & reporting system utilizing nine Microsoft Surface Pro’s.