Statement of Function
The Indian River County Survey Section provides public land surveying and mapping services to facilitate planning, land acquisitions, design and construction of engineering and capital improvement projects. Services are supplied to various County programs and departments.
Surveying efforts include involvement in a wide range of applications for public lands such as; boundary surveys, topographical surveys, right-of-way surveys, land acquisitions, as-built surveys, conservation lands, environmental/wetlands, construction stake-out, storm water and sketches and descriptions for recording purposes.
2019/2020 Goals and Objectives
- 2 major survey projects were contracted with IRC consultant surveyors.
- 92 +/-plan reviews requested by planning
- 295 +/- residential permit survey reviews
- 158 +/- minor surveys for all IRC departments
- 18 requests for information (public)
- 30 requests for information (in-house)