Statement of Function
The Purchasing division is responsible for small purchase procedures, written and verbal quotations, sealed bids and proposals, annual vendor contracts, and professional service solicitation and review in accordance with Indian River County Code, Chapter 105 and the County Purchasing Manual. The Purchasing Division is responsible for the proper disposal of surplus equipment and real property, as well as maintenance and oversight of the county vehicle files.
2021/2022 Goals and Objectives
- Continue to enable and encourage staff, including a Purchasing Specialist, to participate in continuing education courses, especially as included with NIGP and FAPPO memberships.
- Progress on transition to electronic bidding processes.
- Continue to improve access and procedures for internal and external customers.
- Continue to oversee and approve all purchasing elements for CARES Act and ARP Act related purchases and reimbursements.Complete rollout of electronic bidding, online contract management and vendor self service programs.
- Expand the level of service provided to departments and vendors by assisting in contract oversight and enhanced support in obtaining quotations.