Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Division
Statement of Function
Indian River County's GIS Mission is to utilize GIS and GIS-based technologies to improve analysis and subsequent decisions aimed at improving internal and public services and products. GIS is to provide proactive support and assistance, in terms of both technology and staff, to acquire, convert, integrate, maintain, document, analyze, coordinate, and distribute geographic information for a variety of County needs.
2020/2021 Goals and Objectives
- Implementation of changes to GIS Address layers and other GIS layers in support of E911's GeoComm software implementation for E911 Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD).
- Development of workflows and procedures for systematic inventory and mapping of Indian River County's Telecommunications infrastructure.
- Implementation of OuterSpatial's Trail GIS application for the Park's Divisio
- Mapping of Historical Sea Turtle Nesting data for Coastal Engineering.
- Update of GIS Division's SQL Server machine to SQL Server 2019.
- Implementation of Esri's ArcGIS Image Server software for enabling use of historical aerial imagery in GIS web mapping applications.
- Continue to phase in use of Esri's new ArcGIS Pro desktop software by GIS staff.
- Provide additional training to County staff to expand use and accessibility to GIS web applications, GIS data, and aerial imagery.
- Promote standardization of GIS data collection and data maintenance procedures.
- Promote and continue development of the central Enterprise GIS Data Library.