Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Division
Statement of Function
Indian River County's GIS Mission is to utilize GIS and GIS-based technologies to improve analysis and subsequent decisions aimed at improving internal and public services and products. GIS is to provide proactive support and assistance, in terms of both technology and staff, to acquire, convert, integrate, maintain, document, analyze, coordinate, and distribute geographic information for a variety of County needs.
2019/2020 Goals and Objectives
- Migration to new GIS webserver to provide the latest networking and security protocols for usewith the County GIS program's two Esri ArcGIS Enterprise systems.
- Assist with the GIS aspects of the migration to the Building Division's newMyGovernmentOnline permitting system.
- GIS support for new programs of the Parks & Conservation Resources Division:
- Assist with the implementation of the "Easy2Hike" trails mobile application.
- Creation of kiosk trail maps and signage for each of the County Conservation Lands.
- Continue to phase in use of Esri's new ArcGIS Pro desktop software by GIS staff.
- Provide additional training to County staff to expand use and accessibility to GIS webapplications, GIS data, and aerial imagery.
- Promote standardization of GIS data collection and data maintenance procedures.
- Promote and continue development of the central Enterprise GIS Data Library.