Information Systems and Telecommunications (IS&T) Division
Statement of Function
The Information Systems and Telecommunications Department provides Indian River County departments with technology solutions and support. The department strives to provide systems that are reliable and secure in order to address the needs of all of Indian River County departments so that they can deliver services to the Indian River County residents. The Primary functions of the Department are to: implement technical solutions that improve productivity for Indian River County departments, provide technical support services and training to Indian River County departments, provide technical expertise to support information technology purchasing decisions, enhance communication, collaboration and the flow of information, design and support a myriad of websites to provide information to the public regarding Indian River County activities and services, manage and optimize software licensing programs, develop and implement information technology policies and procedures, design, implement and support network switching and routing for the entire County, maintain a secure and robust cyber security posture, provide disaster recovery, business continuity and data backup services, manage, document and repair County Fiber, and provide highly resilient and secure I.S. and Telecommunication systems.
2021/2022 Goals and Objectives
- Implement new DMZ hardware and software and complete the associated physical to virtual migration; resulting in a reduced physical footprint and increased resiliency for internet facing systems.
- Complete Indian River County broadband feasibility study.
- Design and deploy internal groupware/collaboration software.
- Implement new County wide Internet Protocol (IP) address scheme to support network segmentation.
- Organize, Clean and Label low voltage cabling in all server rooms.
- Deploy new County wide secure wireless solution for both employees and public use.
- Create a new group file structure, deploy to County Departments.
- Complete ICS network upgrades.
- Implement new conference room technology at Main and North County libraries to support public meetings and video conferencing.
- Modernize County Library network infrastructure, wired and wireless.
- Complete Phase 3 NexusWorx, final phase to update documentation of all Indian River County fiber.
- Update cyber security policies.
- Migrate VoIP phone systems to a new provider national platform.
- Complete phone number reorganization project for Admin A/B buildings.