Real Estate Acquisition Division
Statement of Function
The purpose of the Secondary Road Construction fund is the segregation of funds generated by the local option 6-cent gas tax administered by the State. The local option fuel tax proceeds, per State law, may only be used for transportation expenditures. By definition, this means public transportation operations and maintenance, roadway and right-of-way maintenance and drainage, bridge maintenance and operation, traffic engineering and signalization, street lighting and construction or reconstruction of roads.
2021/2022 Goals and Objectives
- Continue the acquisition of right-of-way for 66th Avenue Widening 1505B.
- Continue the acquisition of right-of-way for Project #1356 58th Avenue/33rd Street.
- Acquire the remaining ROW for the 26th Street project.
- Assist Legal Department with documentation requests for Eminent Domain process from outside counsel (i.e. scanning landowner files).
- Continue to manage commercial properties, and lease the vacant unit at Sebastian Corners.
- Assist Legal Department with preparing maintenance map correspondence to landowners.
- Manage easement requests and Public Information Requests.
- Manage County leases on properties acquired for road projects.
- Assist departments with inquiries for appraisals, easements, deeds and purchase agreements.